View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 07:58 AM   #83
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Jack Del Rio Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
But need to be better against the run. Part of being #1 pass D is that teams can run on us, so pass less. At times, from what I've seen at least, we're too shift up the middle and that seems to be lack of gap discipline and/or scheme. Short yardage plays particularly. Thats why a better LB corps and a run stopping S would help.
But by the same token we need a Taylor like ball hawk. I'd hoped Apke could develop into that with his speed, but nah.

Agreed. The defense is terrible against the run, which is why the pass defense is so phenomenal. Allen is doing well. Is it Payne?? With Chase Young being double and even triple teamed, then everyone else is getting blocked one-on-one. The defense was doing so poorly against the run that Del Rio had to being in a DB to shore up the line. Part if it is LB play as well as us needing a hard-hitting S for the run.

Like I said, we need to bring in talent in LB and Safety. I think Collins is another over-priced defensive player brought in by Allen/Snyder. He’s ok but not anywhere near bloated contract he got. His injury allows the team try new talent and if we’re lucky we may get a keeper at S. But I believe the team will use some cap money to attract a very good player for S and also one for LB. I trust Smith to bring in quality players in FA. What a change after 20 years of Snyder choosing or influencing the player selection process. It will take 1-3 years to fix Snyder’s buffoonery, but Kyle Smith can do it. I also hope Rivera names Smith as the GM soon - he has pulled starters out of the UFA and low draft picks. Don’t let Kyle leave here for another team because he wasn’t promoted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03680 seconds with 10 queries