View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 12:06 PM   #41
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Sources: Commanders finalize deal to make Eric Bieniemy new OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Our offense was putrid last year Schneed. Especially when we got down around the opponents 40. How many times did you say wtf is Turner doing? I said it at least 5 times a game. Especially down in that area. Again, without an improved Oline our Offense will struggle. But a better playcall, a more mobile qb, and a more accurate throw probably result in another score here and there. I don’t think that is a far fetched assumption. There were plenty of times last year our oline held their own and we all asked wtf was that playcall or who the hell was he throwing to? We got a solid D, and plenty of weapons on offense. I think a more capable qb and OC would have had us in the playoffs last year. If you want to argue that Sam is better than Taylor or Carson well that is another story. I certainly think he is/will be.

Anyway fix the oline and couple that with EB and Sam and the offensive problems most definitely go away.
OK we're mostly saying the same thing then, maybe you're saying it with a bit more optimism.

Howell's going to have a learning curve. The bad INT in the end zone against Dallas was indicative of the kind of growing pain we'll have with a young guy. Will he be better than what Heinicke gave us? Better arm, for sure. Pretty mobile, EB will like having that tool in the toolbox.

But if he makes shitbird decisions under pressure then it's all for naught. We don't know what we have there at QB, we only have hope. One thing's for sure, to give him a chance he needs a better line, that much we clearly agree on.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04140 seconds with 10 queries