View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Re: You Win as a Team and You Lose as One - Discipline Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmonkforhallofamein07 View Post
Great Post Ruh. The problem is no one in the organization has the balls to implement any kind of dicispline. My thought to this end is that Jim Zorn is trying so hard to constantly win the team over to his style of coaching that he lacks a certain amount of respect among the players. To that end he will not be able to practice good discipline when he is constantly trying to remain on the god side of his team. This is one fundamental flaw JZ has as a head coach.
I see it differently. This isn't a JZ problem. It's an organizational problem. There are a few players that have the ear of upper management IMO. I don't have proof, but this is what I've heard from past players. This is also how it appears to me.

Zorn should've been the man to stick foot to ass. He's more than capable of doing it. Have you noticed his demeanor this year? It's Mr. Nice Guy now. The fire is gone. Clinton Portis should've benched for talking trash about his coach. Santana Moss should've been fined and benched for punching that guy in the helmet. Did it happen?

It was the same way with Joe. Joe is a notorious coddler though. Look at the rat faced brat he has racing for him. I'm not bad mouthing Joe. He just very, Christian. That's who he is. He had to eat a lot of crow because of these players. That's why he's gone. Don't believe that BS about his grandson. He's out there with his race team all the time, February through November.

They could've had a foot to ass coach. He was actually the only person I think that wanted the job, Greg Williams. The point is upper management powder puffs the players. On Sundays that's who we see, softies. Not every player fits that mold, but too many do.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04171 seconds with 10 queries