View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #24
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Re: Post draft breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
My biggest head scratcher is the CB from Minnesota, I thought there were better options.

I’ve heard scouting reports say he could play single high safety. Versatility is the big thing.

After we took the WR from UNC, this pick was much less of an issue from value standpoint as that was a steal.

Another reach to me was the TE from Boise state, but trusting the coaching staff as Logan Thomas exceeded everyone’s expectations not only here but across the league.

Cosmi, Davis, Brown, Toney were great picks. I think adding RB Patterson was big time, that was icing on the cake cause I think he will make the team if he can prove he can catch out the backfield.

Ditto your comments on St. Juste. I suppose his versatility and length made him attractive to draft. If memory serves, he was a senior bowl participant too, so maybe extra eyes on him made him a get for the staff.

I like the TE pick. The blocking part of TE is always the hardest to develop with rookies. The fact that he has that part down is a plus, when combined with what we have in Thomas ... and the potential in Reyes.

I think one of Bradley-King or Toney will make the team ... with the other sticking on the practice squad. But the picks are worth it late.

I gave the draft a B.

My biggest worry is in our first round pick. He SHOULD be fantastic. He has the right attitude, and work ethic, and is very athletic. He showed flashes of brilliance in his one year of starting. For this pick to be justified, he needs to provide consistent impact from day 1.

If he does ... I change the grade to an A.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.22668 seconds with 10 queries