View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #30
44Deezel
The Starter

Re: Reaction to Draft: exceeds, meets, or meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Meh.

Half the picks made sense, half were head scratchers. I'm willing to accept that much of this is a crap shoot, but why is it that we always manage to buck the conventional wisdom and pick someone we don't need who no one else wants (at that point in the draft, anyway). Weird. Seemed a bit like two different people were picking this time, and were sort of alternating. I would love to be a fly on the wall in their draft room to see just how the dynamic plays out.

So I'll look on the brightside: we did draft a decent looking tackle (a project, to some extent, but with the right physical tools at least!); a nice looking corner, and a speedy RB (albeit one who hasn't caught a pass in his life or something). And I'll accept the idea that you can't have too many pass rushers.

Time will tell, and it's easy to forget how friggin random so much of this stuff is. Isn't it about time we hit a few long shots? But I do worry that we still have not properly invested in scouting and that we still don't really have real player/personnel folk. It's got to be better than Shanny just picking RBs and TEs and whiffing on the rest, but it aint Ozzie and the raisins yet, either.

(Is it time for camp yet????)
The Ravens always seem to get high post draft grades while we're always in the C to C-, wait and see mode. Would be nice to get high marks for once AND have our picks pan out.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.10892 seconds with 10 queries