View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 01:35 PM   #19
MTK
‎\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
I'm hearing Portis this, Portis that. While I think Portis is a great back, I don't think he could have done what he has without the superb play of the Broncos offensive line. I think if our offensive line doesn't play well next year Portis will be avarage at best. I firmly believe that the Bronco's offensive line can make any back look great and they have proven that over the past 8 years.

As for Champ, thanks for the memories and good luck.
True but the same could be said for any RB. Do you think Jamal Lewis would have had the kind of season he did last year if it wasn't for his outstanding OL leading the way??

Wherever there's a top RB there is usually a top OL. Outside of Barry Sanders, I can't think of a RB that doesn't need a quality OL.

The guys we have on our OL are tailor made for a running offense, Samuels, Jansen, Thomas and Dockery are all better suited for a smashmouth attack opposed to a drop back and pass block 40 times a game offense. Add in the knowledge and experience of a line coach like Bugel and I think we can have a good line next year, certainly much improved over the disappointing performances we witnessed the last two years with Helton.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05144 seconds with 10 queries