Thread: Sua Cravens
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #244
WillH
The Starter

Re: Sua Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I didn’t have a big problem with the Compton video. Everyone has different motivations for playing the game. Plenty of guys do just play for the paycheck, nothing wrong with that as long as you show up every day and do your job like a professional. Ultimately the issue with Cravens is he quit on his teammates right before the season, some guys will never forgive or forget that. He had to go, guys couldn’t trust him.
I think I understand what you're saying , everyone is motivated by money to a degree, and we all have moments of not giving a fuck.

That said, in all walks of life those with a passion for their work tend to have better results and almost certainly foster a more conducive team environment for success. That's why they look for "football players," right?

Have you ever worked with someone who talks about coming to work like that? I think most people have, and in my experience, it drains the enthusiasm of everyone around them. Them calling out a lot or taking a long unexpected LOA certainly magnifies the problem.

Now, I and probably everyone else including Will Compton and all the other guys on the team have moments feeling like this or may make a passing comment like, "TGIF," or "will this week ever end?" But there is a huge difference between that and a full blown tense conversation about not having motivation for your work with a coworker in front of everyone that is supposed to trust and rely on you.

The leave of absence was icing on the cake, but to me any guy that would talk like this about their work is someone I would let go. It's inexcusable, you have that conversation behind closed doors if you need help. Don't drag others around you down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07228 seconds with 10 queries