View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #33
MTRedskinsFan

Re: "Coach Joe is on the Warpath!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperMeister View Post
Instead of getting pissy with a bunch of reporters, I'd rather hear that Gibbs is going medieval on the players in practice after an absolute meltdown of a 2nd half against NY. Gibbs 1.0 would have had them in full pads, with full contact practices all week after such a galling loss. I really don't sense that the players have a healthy fear of Gibbs since he returned.
Agreed. I'm not sure that media session means anything. Winning games w/ guys flying around the field making huge plays will be the only way to know whether it means anything. If Gibbs can begin to fire-up his boys it will make all the difference, because so far in 2.0 there just has not been the kind of inspired play seen under HOF coaches. I know this is an age old argument and my dad will always say that NFL players are supposed to be professionals (paid a shitload of money) who shouldn't need to be inspired. Give me a friggin break. Look at how guys get fired up under Dungy and Belichick and Cowher (even if I don't like the guy). Not to mention most of the ballers are still kids. Shit, Portis is two years younger than I am. Younger guys look for inspiration. If the coaching staff can't light a fire under the asses of testasterone laden, half-juiced jocks there's a big f'n problem. I'm praying this is our breakout game. Hail Skins!
MTRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 10 queries