Thread: Ron Rivera
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 07:23 AM   #353
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
RR seems to me a case of reach exceeding grasp. He's convinced himself he is a good HC (and GM?) but he lacks the perspective and supporting cast to help learn from his mistakes and highlight (and deal with) his weaknesses. He clearly connects with his players, as shown by their testimonials, so he's a great positional coach, even coordinator. But not a HC and not a GM. Can't help thinking this is his last rodeo, if only because he needs to consider his health. I can't see another HC job in his future given his record and the number of young coaches doing through. Maybe he can be a consultant like Fangio? No responsibility but there to impart wisdom. But right now he's a lame duck and unless ownership changes soon I almost actually feel sorry for him being possibly 'trapped' in a job he isn't fit for. OTOH, he doesn't need the money, so he should probably stand down. Got a feeling his pride won't let him.

My best friend and I had almost the same conversation a few nights ago.

This is probably Ron's last spin as a HC. I could see him staying in the NFL as a coordinator, but a HC has to have a lot of awareness on a million different things going on at once. Not realizing that your team could be eliminated from the playoffs is a pretty big mistake. Made even worse by the fact that he switched back to Carson Wentz, seemingly oblivious that it was a must-win game.

I think when history settles on the RR tenure here, most of us will agree that he was over matched and in over his head from the very beginning, and the little "success" that he found here was done in spite of having the whole burning trash fire of Jason Wright and Dan Snyder. So I will give credit where credit is due. Ron was not the best hire, he was not even close to being the best, but he was the best of the worst that would agree to come here under Dan Snyder, and we have saw far, far worse tenures than what came under Ron.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04391 seconds with 10 queries