Thread: Sua Cravens
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Sua Cravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Some of our threads get so wide ranging and I thought this subject could use its own place.

So many thoughts. On one hand I can't begrudge anybody for doing what they think will make them feel happy and as fulfilled as possible. And on the other hand I think about how committed you need to be in order to compete at a professional level, and how he would even be received in the locker room after this. I couldn't blame his defensive teammates if they didn't want any part of him, now.

But more than anything, I just think what an indictment of Scot McCloughan. All he ever talked about was wanting Football Players; guys who ate slepted and breathed the game. Guys with a passion for it, guys with character who gave everything they had to give.

And it comes out now that Cravens disappeared from USC when injured, going MIA from the team for three days. And Mike Jones reports that to those who knew him from USC, they're hardly surprised at the news that he's contemplating retirement.

That's the furthest thing from a Scot McCloughan Football Player there ever was. What a failure to identify the characteristics he always noted as crucial.

This Cravens thing is disappointing in so many ways, but I think none more so than in highlighting the overrated performance of Scot McCloughan as GM. It's not that Scot completely blew it, I'm very thankful for Scherff and Crowder among others. But for someone who can so articulately describe the personal characteristics that make a winning football team, he sure didn't identify them consistently enough in his draft selections.

Hope Sua does what's best for him. I think I hope he rides off into the sunset so Jay can drive home the point that effort trumps ability. Deshazor Everett deserves to start, no matter how much more talented Cravens is.
This right here pretty much nails it IMO.

Even if this was just a personal matter that he didn't manage to handle on his own, and he does decide to come back to football, I'm thinking he wouldn't want to come back to this team... could you imagine stepping back into that locker room after this?

That would need a lot of peaceful communication from both him and his teammates for this to work out.

At the same time if he really did fully decide to come back, I'm guessing his teammates would ease down after he made a few good plays. The field is the best place to solve problems.

But all that reasoning is useless if he just walks out.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05659 seconds with 10 queries