View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #11
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Re: What's wrong with the Redskins?

One area we overlook sometimes in light of the obvious issues (OL depth, age, lack of an organizational plan) is our coaching staff. Looking at our coaching staff, outside of maybe 3 coaches (Gray, Olividatti and Steve Jackson) I can't think of anyone that another team would scoop up quickly if they were available. We've got a bunch of coaches that are just 'guys'.

There's a reason Bugel was sitting at home by the pool for years, John Palermo was in college, Chris Meidt was at an NAIA Div.III school, etc. We don't have young, hungry assistants that are cutting edge, we're stale and stagnant (another remnant of the Gibbs 2.0 era that I loathe more and more everyday) and the fact that they were holdovers from the previous coaching staff didn't do any service to Zorn.

For years we've been stuck in the mud as a franchise, surely from above, but also from the aspect of the coaching staff. Hopefully the new regime will bring in an entirely new staff, fresh faces and ideas to bring us current and renew our competitiveness.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04142 seconds with 10 queries