View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #42
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Looking at the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
As much as Bruce rubs me the wrong way, aside from the mishandling of Cousins (which is huge but maybe a Snyder dictate), I think we have done okay with player acquisition, cap and contracts.

Snagged prime time FAs in Desean and Norman when other teams were in the hunt. Swearinger and Zach Brown have been good. I liked the Pryor signing at the time and give skins credit for only doing a 1 yr show me. I imagine a Vinny would have given him 5 years, 50 M.

Cap is in good shape. No big bad contracts on the books. Very little dead cap after this season.

How much credit/blame does he get vs Scot or Schaffer? Idk.

Contracts given out, I dont think is the problem. Of course, the mess up with Cousins is fireable by itself.
What huge contributors has Allen brought in that are six rounders, undrafted guys, free agents that nobody else wanted that turned into game changers? It's easy to talk about Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Josh Norman. But he also lost Pierre Garcon and Desean Jackson. Probably won't keep Norman the way things are going. Alfred Morris was your six round guy, but he cut him loose. Frankly put, it's easy to find the high round guys, but Allen can't find quality depth for the team, and this has been apparent when much of your starters have been injured.

So no, I don't agree that Allen has done enough to stay. He needs to be shown the door first IMO!

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04214 seconds with 10 queries