View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:58 AM   #1
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Skins @ Browns Post glorified scrimmage thread (PSW1)

Don't want to read too much into it, but I still think we can have a couple of take aways from it:

1) We have no depth on the OL. None. Zero. Nada. Que dalle. Peau d'zob. Flowers is trash. Kerin is trash. Parris is trash. Bergstorm is not that far up on the trash pile. And we should all pray Geron Christian doesn't start any game at LT this season.

2) The first drive of the game highlighted something we tend to forget: our starting DL is veeery good... but we have close to no depth there either. A part from Tim Settle no back up on this squad is even close to starter material. They made Cleveland's 2nd and 3rd string OL look like Pro Bowlers.

3) Moreland and Holcomb stood out. Love the effort by the rookie ILB, good pursuit, always close to the ball, sheds blocks to make tackles. Looked completely lost on a 3rd blitz though.

4) On defense one of the very few players who had a good night was Ryan Anderson IMO. Never gonna be an elite pass rusher but he's solid against the run and is improving each year.

5) Obviously Kidsy made some nice catches.

6) Haskins' potential is obvious. The 2 INTs made you understand why Jay said "but when he's off he's abnormally off". Liked that he looked more confortable in the second half (ok, against scrubs): don't think he'll be ready week 1 but I think he could learn quite quickly and knows where he has to improve.

7) They kept switching Penn and Christian back and forth in the 2nd quarter, I thought it was obvious Penn is better, would like to see more of him.

8) Wes Martin only played in the 2nd half but I still think that's our LG. I mean he's definitely better than Flowers.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 08-10-2019 at 02:35 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.12080 seconds with 10 queries