View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 01:20 PM   #49
Defensewins
Playmaker

Re: Dunbar demanding trade or release

I agree.
This little part of the Washington Post article sums it up in the business side of things. Where this conversation needs to be. Not on the emotional fan side:
"The 27-year-old Dunbar, who joined the Redskins as an undrafted free agent in 2015, had a breakout effort in 2019. He emerged as the team’s top cornerback and was ranked the No. 2 cornerback in the NFL by analytics website Pro Football Focus. Dunbar posted a career-high four interceptions in 11 games, but he suffered a hamstring injury and finished the season on injured reserve for the second consecutive year.
If Dunbar suffered another serious injury before he landed a new deal, it would have a significant impact on his bargaining power with either the Redskins or another team. The 20 highest-paid cornerbacks in the NFL average at least $10 million per year, with the Miami Dolphins’ Xavien Howard leading the league with an average of $15.05 million. Redskins cornerback Josh Norman is No. 2 at $15 million."
Dunbar is just laying the ground work on negotiations and why he will not be at OTA's. I think we all remember our MLB suffering a severe knee injury on first day of OTA's last year. I do not blame him for his business stance.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04832 seconds with 10 queries