View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 04:00 PM   #216
Warthog
The Starter

NFL Free Agent Signings 2020

The only team that trades draft picks away is: Washington. See RG3 deal. We just traded away a fifth for an XFL player. We can’t get serious offers for really good players like Dunbar and Williams. Teams hold onto their picks.

I still think the best course of action is for the Redskins to resign Williams and Dunbar. We have PLENTY of cap space. I know Rivera wants change the culture to the “right attitude”. But even the Patriots signed guys in FA who basically were there to get a ring and some FA money.
The Redskins do not have enough draft picks to change the team overnight. They can bend a little here and get us a “win, win”.

Let’s face it, both Williams and Dunbar just want to play with some guaranteed money in their contract. Neither had ANY guaranteed money in their last year of their contract, so if they got injured - they didn’t get paid. In the last two years the Redskins have been one of the NFL’s MOST HIGHLY INJURED TEAM, so who could blame them for wanting some guaranteed money?. Now I know there’s some posters who say, “he signed the contract, now play for it”. That’s the sort of attitude that Bruce Allen had and lead for both the players & agents HATING BRUCE and lead to Williams, one of the best Redskin’s player, sitting out a season.

Building a culture works both ways. Give Williams and Dunbar some guaranteed money and they’ll be loyal players to Rivera’s vision. WE HAVE THE MONEY. It’s two less positions that have to be filled by Kyle Smith in this draft. Or at least Kyle can draft an EVENTUAL replacement for Williams and Dunbar, instead of having to find a starter at their level right from the get go , which is pretty rare in the lower strata of the Redskin’s picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06114 seconds with 10 queries