View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #22
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Redskins General 2020 NFL Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
TE, Oline, CB, S, QB.

So here's a hypothetical, when our 3rd round pick comes up and Jalen Hurts is still on the board (I know he probably won't), and he is the highest rated player on your board...are you taking him there?
Yes, Id go BPA still in R3.

Kyle Smith did a press conference a few weeks ago and stressed BPA. He also said some other interesting (but not controversial or non-traditional) things. I heard cut ups of it in the car but im pretty sure I heard him do the same thing everyone says, some variation of "we always go BPA ... but we also have to take into account the roster and needs". But instead he implied what happens in FA will somewhat effect who they draft ... sounds like "need" is a consideration to me. I would have to listen to it again, to be sure.
He sounded good though, instilled confidence he knows what he is doing.

Kyle Smith said the staff — including scouts — reviewed the players let go, Josh Norman, Paul Richardson and Jordan Reed. And ultimately made a decision when he and Ron Rivera got behind closed doors to make the final decision on fits #HTTR
— Rhiannon Walker (@InstantRHIplay) February 25, 2020

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/2/25/...outing-combine

^^ good sound bite breakdown of his press conference

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05962 seconds with 10 queries