View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 05:38 PM   #184
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: The 2022 Washington Commanders draft thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Everyone loves the picks the day after. Grade them a year from now. We ought to do a poll now on the 2021 draft. Looking back it was just so so at best. Still a ways to go on it obviously. But the sign of a great draft and a great GM is what you do in the mid and late rounds.

What I did like is they seemed to get a real ball hawk w/ ball skills at safety in Butler. 4.39 speed w/ ball skills is exactly what we need back there. Loved that one.

Also the big TE from Nevada. He needs to be developed but that could be a steal.

And the Howell pick. Thank god they finally drafted a freakin QB. He was one of the best QB's in the country in 19 and 20. Fell off a bit last year. Don't care. Let's see how he responds to NFL coaching. Great pick.
Solid points. You are right, we can't really give them a grade yet since none of these players have played an NFL down. That's why I don't buy into the rankings - at all. Every year you get countless prospects rated high that can't make the transition to the NFL, and countless prospects rated low that ball out.

All the comments about reaching for any of these guys is as premature as the comments about how good each pick was. We just won't know for a year or two.

On paper I'm pleased.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.29705 seconds with 10 queries