View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #175
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
I've gone back and read both the NYT and the WaPo articles. What exactly is misleading or non-credible about either of these articles?
For the WaPost it’s the paragraph that states

It cites a combination of recently obtained, still-unpublished data from outbreak investigations and outside studies showing that vaccinated individuals infected with delta may be able to transmit the virus as easily as those who are unvaccinated. Vaccinated people infected with delta have measurable viral loads similar to those who are unvaccinated and infected with the variant.

And the sub headline from the NYT story has updated from 1 am release to five hours ago:

Breaking News: The Delta variant is as contagious as chickenpox and may be spread by vaccinated people as easily as the unvaccinated, an internal C.D.C. report said.

Updated around noon To:

Delta variant infections in vaccinated people are rare, compared with those who are unvaccinated, the internal CDC report said. But vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection may spread the virus just as easily.

I wonder with these headlines and buried leads of the effectiveness of the vaccines…if we take a poll of folks if they believe the vaccinated transmit covid just as much as the unvaccinated.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.35942 seconds with 10 queries