View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #169
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
According to over the cap, cutting Moses saves roughly 5M on the cap. Any replacement would be more than that. I think the TW mess affected Scherff and Moses' play. They both had a real down year. I would rather get that side settled then add RT to the needs.

Martin is a guard, not going to take over Moses' spot and produce even close to the same result.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yup, you’re right. The Trent Williams problem may take awhile to resolve a decent trade, PLUS then finding a replacement which may involve a number of avenues. I agree that Martin is probably not good enough for RT although I’d like to see him there in the preseason to try. The other channels to fill LT will be hiring an OT FA (low cost), then drafting at least one OT in the draft, plus more in UDFA. The idea is to see if one rookie can start or be a close backup to the FA we sign and maybe start later in the season.

Likely they’ll give Moses this season to improve or be drafting for more OT in next year’s draft to replace him. They’ll also drop Christian this PS as he is obviously NOT the solution to replace Trent, Moses or even be a viable backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.78742 seconds with 10 queries