View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #24
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Democratic Primary Push for White House

-1 for Bernie. But Chico, I think your bias is showing. There are tons, tons of jobs out there that pay salary to people to save money by not paying them hourly. My last dealership job, averaged 56/hrs a week and I was salary + commission. (And just so you guys know the reality of the parts counterman/dealership gig, that commission rate started at 1/2 of 1% and was bumped to 3/4 of 1% after working counter for 3 years. They like 'em young and cheap).

The managers at the Target I used to work at were on salary, and they also worked a ton of OT. Teachers are another example of working on salary. Guess how many hours they put in?

It's -1 to Bernie because he's using a commonly exploited loophole to pay his staff less when he's fighting for $15 nationwide.

But your bias is showing because if Trump was doing the same thing you'd praise him for exploiting loopholes in the same way he does to save on his taxes.

Let me pick an example off the top of my head. You want him to build the wall right? Keep all those illegal immigrants out? Why did he keep illegal immigrants on his staff, cleaning his golf courses, until people started asking questions? You think he didn't know about those? The President that micromanages everything he can control? Don't plead ignorance Chico.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04173 seconds with 10 queries