View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 02:43 AM   #568
Warthog
The Starter

Re: The Haskins Thread

Haskins has his best game against a decent team who HAD TO WIN to stay in a playoff position in the crappy NFC East. In just his 6th NFL game he posted a QB rating of 121 (max is 154) with 2 TD’s, no INT and NO sacks. He showed grit and situational awareness in a critical running play in the red zone, that helped lead to a TD. He also had two passes go through the hands of Steve Sims, including one in the end zone (although Sims redeemed himself later with a great catch in the back of the end zone).

I am curious first about all the posters who thought the team should SIT Haskins for his entire first season or more. What do you say now?

There are others, including myself, who have questioned whether he had that “it” factor to be an elite QB. One game does not a career make and we’ll have to see if he can keep it up next week against the Giants.

After this season he and Redskins fans has some things to look forward to in 2020:

1. I believe the Redskins will make a FA play for the best TE available in the NFL. This will help out his passing game because we have awful TE game-fillers right now, who can’t get open, nor catch, nor block. Reed and Davis are done.

2. I believe Snyder will hire a offensive-centered HC, who can only help improve this offense and Haskins.

3. Depending on whether we are in a draft position to draft Chase Young or whether he even IS in the year’s draft, I believe we’ll draft OT Andrew Thomas or the best OT available. He’ll go into Trent’s or Mose’s spot. I think we.’ll draft two OL draft picks to solidify the OL with new talent and youth.

4. Haskins will be able to work on his QB skills in the off season.

His performance today was impressive and I might remind everyone that even QB greats like Peyton Manning has TERRIBLE rookie seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03907 seconds with 10 queries