View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #60
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Birds Post game (Redskins 24 Cardinals 6)

Biggest take away from this game: preseason doesn't mean shit...

We dominated the LOS on both sides of the ball, good tackling by our D across the board and throughout the game...

So many reasons to get excited after this game.

On top of the good tackling (missed tackles was one of my top preseason worries...), a good surprise was how well our ILB covered!
Zach Brown improved a LOT from last year, and Foster made some plays, as usual, and no mistakes, which is new.

Dunbar and Swearinger played lights out!

Also think run blocking by our receiving corps improved quite a lot. We knew Vernon Davis could block... yesterday we saw him care enough to actually block ! Even guys like Reed and Doctson made some nice blocks...

I think this is part in due to Smith bringing a new level of excitement in the offense locker room.
On the play when Chandler Jones got flagged for jumping on him after the play was over, Smith got up and talked trash. Cousins would've never done that. Not saying this is what wins football games, but I do think it can make a difference in the level of commitment of other players.

Sidenote: Zach Vigil came in for Foster for the final 5 minutes of the game, didn't see anything about Mason being injured... It was in the redzone on the drive the Cards scored their TD too... A bit surprised. Just a coaches' decision to rest a vet ?

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.10651 seconds with 10 queries