View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #45
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Re: Eagles solve WR problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha
What are their weak points? Not coaching, since their D-coordinator is a stud. Their secondary is pretty damn good with Sheppard, Brown, Dawkins, and Lewis. Their linebacking corps of Jones, Barber, and Trotter are solid. Their D-line of Kearse, Howard, Patterson, and Walker are solid.

Granted, they are older, but I don't see any glaring weaknesses. While their defense has been their strong point (as you point out) and may be aging, I still view it as pretty formidable.
Hey Sheriff, are you the former Ramseyfan? If so, I guess I missed the formal announcement.

The Eagles won’t be pushovers in '06 by any means. I would expect at least a slight rebound from their 6-10 record last year. Donovan McNabb at 100% makes that offense better by himself. And you’re right that their passing game did just fine with very average receivers, even before Terrell Owens got there.

That said, they have the same core group of players that have been there for 4 to 5 seasons now. They made up an amazing tandem that brought them to 4 straight NFC Championship games and then to the Super Bowl. But their window of success, even with an excellent coaching staff, is beginning to close. I do believe you’ll see an overall decline from Philly soon enough, not dissimilar from what we’re witnessing from the Green Bay Packers.

While struggling to make games against the Eagles interesting from 2002 - 2004, the Redskins are by far the superior team now. You certainly can’t discount them totally, but just about every facet of our team is much more equipped to handle any threat the Eagles can throw at us.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05752 seconds with 10 queries