View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:08 AM   #64
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Bruce Allen FINALLY speaks....at the Senior Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike340 View Post
I don't care if we drafted them or picked them up from other teams, but I remember we had good QBs in the day. Someone got the ball to Charley Taylor and Art Monk, both of whom retired with the highest catch total in the history of the NFL.

I.e.,

nobody's mentioned Sonny in their "we've never had good QBs". (Never that much into Billy.)

And our near miss was Marino, who (maybe it was) Casserley? thought was the "perfect pick", but got picked up 27th by Miami before we got our pick (Darrell Green.) So that was good scouting, but possibly a "little while" ago.

From what I've read, drafting QBs (and receivers) is a crap shoot, whereas picking one up as a free agent is much more reliable (although more expensive.)

I remember reading the reason the Dolphins took Marino was because we exposed Strock or Woodley - whoever the younger one was i forget - so bad in the Superbowl. It was indirectly our fault that we missed out on him.
As for our great quarterbacks i think the hogs and Riggo and all that other talent made them great. Damn it almost hurts to remember how freakin good we were than. Fuckin Snyder.
Also i think it was Beathard. Casserly got there in 89.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08482 seconds with 10 queries