Thread: Ron Rivera
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 05:20 PM   #35
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yeah I don't agree that there would be damaging fallout from firing Rivera. First of all, at this point there's no more damage that can be done that Danny hasn't already brought upon the organization. They need to be in the business of putting butts back in seats and the longer you let a coach hang around who fans perceive has no chance of getting the team back to winning, the more fan apathy builds up. Which leads to empty seats.

How his firing would go over in NFL circles or in the court public opinion is a much smaller concern when compared with what NFL teams actually care about: profitability. The almighty dollar trumps all in the NFL. They need a team that will win.

That's the same reason though that they'll likely hang onto Rivera through year four and then make a move. They're not going to fire him with two years left on the contract. Costs too much.

After year 4 if he hasn't shown progress, and my money says he won't, he'll be gone. As he should. Because you're in this business to win and make money. Nothing else matters.

Ill plus 1 this. But I respect both opinions and i agree with Mooby. Coff should post more.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.13857 seconds with 10 queries