Thread: Hawaii?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #12
metalskins
The Starter

Re: Hawaii?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Just was in Kauai, HI in October. We wanted to go to a bunch of different islands, but only really had 8-10 days and were told that would probably be too short to really enjoy more than one.

So we settled on Kauai, "The Garden Isle," and wow was it incredible. If you do end up going to Kauai, I can only really comment on what I ended up doing.

1) Do the ATV tour. I did Kipu ranch ATV tour and it was absolutely breathtaking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQd7TeHXaPU

2) Hike the Na Pali cost. I mean where else are you going to get this view?

3) Go to Hanalei Bay. Great waves and surfing if you are into it. You can rent a long board from one of the local towns and they are pretty easy to get up on. Be careful tho, I busted my nose up pretty bad- those waves are no joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdWxfnXLOA8

Finally, to answer your question; Yes I would absolutely go back. I got engaged while I was out there, and we plan on making it back in the next few years. If you need any ideas for good places in Kauai to see or restaurants to eat PM me and I'll send you over our itinerary.

Final note: This is the picture I took from where I watched the Redskins Ravens game this year (7am local time) Not a bad place to celebrate a win.
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
If I moved to Hawaii, I would love to have a view where on one side of the house is ocean front, and then on the other side is the mountainous view! Hawaii seems to be the only place I know of where you can actually have this type of view. Best of both worlds! My wife is a huge snow lover. I know on the Big Island, you can go up the mountain where all the snow is, and then go back down the mountain and then sun-bath out next to the ocean. Best of both worlds!

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04784 seconds with 10 queries