View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 04:08 PM   #62
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Trent Williams also says he’s grateful for the organization because they’ve given him a lot over the years. Of Dan Snyder specifically, “it wasn’t his fault.”

JP Finlay
‏Verified account @JPFinlayNBCS
25m25 minutes ago

Trent Williams said he was in the hospital in Chicago for two weeks and nobody from the Redskins visited him. DeAngelo Hall visited him though.

Trent Williams talks about how scared he was before his cancer surgery. Talked about the impact that had on his family and his young daughters. “I was lucky.”

Trent Williams said during his holdout “There was no communication, there was no conversation” with the front office. He talked with all of the players though

Asked if more guaranteed money could fix his relationship with the Redskins, Trent Williams said he’s not “asking them for a dime.”

I asked Trent Williams if he wanted to be traded and he just laughed. Also worth noting he said how much he still values his friendship with Dan Snyder.

Trent Williams says watching Alex Smith go down last year and “we haven’t had the best history here with medical stuff” made an impact on his desire for more guaranteed money.

Trent Williams also says that it’s crazy for him to be playing without guaranteed money on his deal.

Trent Williams says he’s been watching all the Redskins games. “These guys are my family.” Adds “I hated to see Jay go.”

Asked if he trusts the Redskins, Trent Williams says “there’s no trust.”

Trent Williams tells us he had cancer. DFSP. Growth first started 6 years ago and team diagnosis said it was minor.

Asked about timeline for finding a comfortable helmet for Trent Williams, Bill Callahan tells the truth: “I don’t know.”

Bill Callahan says the Redskins are working to find a customized helmet that Trent Williams can wear without discomfort

Callahan says Keenum could start in Buffalo even if he doesn’t practice all week

Case Keenum still in concussion protocol. Dwayne Haskins got majority of work at practice. No final decision for Sunday in Buffalo.

Bill Callahan opens his presser congratulating the Nats
https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

----------------

These are the individual tweets from JP from today. It looks hard to read the way it cut n pasted, apologies.

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.48895 seconds with 10 queries