View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 07:57 PM   #41
Warthog
The Starter

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

If RR wins and keeps making good to great player selections, I think Snyder will stay away. I worry far less about the owner making big or small football decisions as with him being part of the draft/FA player choice process. That’s the biggest way he undermined all the good to great HC that he brought in. No HC can win if you’re bringing in mediocre talent in the draft OR trading away your draft picks for overpaid or over-rated or over-the-hill FA. Snyder and his lackey GM’s also made incredibly dumb HC choices such as Zorn or cutting HC after just one season (8-8) Schottenheimer.

I think the thing that has impressed me the most about RR is how he is managing the FA market and milking every $ of our cap money. He hasn’t over-reached for FA, which was something that Snyder could NEVER DO. Snyder was always more interested in getting a single “Big BANG” FA each Spring, versus upgrading a bunch of problem areas across the team.

I suppose it is possible for Snyder to finally learn from a professional like Rivera but eventually this team will falter or have a below average season. THAT will be the test for Snyder. Can he stay out of the personnel decision-making process, especially for he disagrees with RR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06697 seconds with 10 queries