View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
Schneed10
A Dude

Re: Let's revisit the 2018 draft

I think we're not just underrating Tim Settle, but seriously underrating Tim Settle. He's a starting caliber player, just buried on the depth chart behind two first rounders from Alabama, and a when-healthy 2nd only to Aaron Donald interior pass rusher.

You could make an argument that the best thing for the team is to trade Allen or Payne now and let Settle play. I don't think you lose much.

Back to the topic - because Settle is so good the draft can't be viewed as anything less than a B-. They say if you get two starters out of a draft, you've done well. We got Payne and I count Settle as a starting caliber player.

But they deserve to be dinged seriously for Guice because he dropped for character reasons, and it turned out to be completely true. 2nd round is high for a RB in the first place, and if he's got character concerns then it's even harder to make a profit on the selection.

The Christian pick is annoying too because the guy was clearly never strong enough. You can teach technique. It's a lot harder to move the needle on strength and speed, and impossible to move it on size.

I'll go B-. Settle is a genuine gem, he saves what could have been a D.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03939 seconds with 10 queries