View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
It just lowers your risk of hospitalization?? Really?

That's not what is being communicated.

I seriously doubt that Ron is that worried about catching COVID from his players because I bet he got vaccinated. And I bet he was told something other than "it just lowers your risk of hospitalization" when he got vaccinated.

At some point, we need to realize that COVID will be here forever. And like the flu, it can kill you. But ... also like the flu ... chances are much much greater that it won't kill you. And that you'll feel like crap for a couple of days, and then be fine.

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/07/12/loo...ed-virginians/

This is just a look at Virginia as that is the state I'm most familiar with.

Since January:
1k fully vaccinated Virginians have contracted COVID. 71 were hospitalized, and 17 died.

However, the total # of Virginians that have contracted COVID were:
"Out of 190,846 total COVID-19 cases, 189,783 cases were among people who were not fully vaccinated. That’s 99.4% of recorded cases since Jan. 21.

More than 6,700 of those cases resulted in hospitalization. Since January, nearly 2,430 COVID-19 deaths occurred among Virginians who weren’t fully vaccinated."

So yeah, you can still catch COVID. The odds of you dying from it if you're fully vaccinated are less than 1% but it can still happen. Would I bet on it happening? No. But I assume we're all here because we want this team to win, and with under 50% vaccinated they're only making it tougher on their selves to do so.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.08612 seconds with 10 queries