View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Why doesn't Trembley play Salazar instead of Mora?

like jdlea said, i dont think there is position defensively that oscar could play to even a mediocre level. i was really hoping we would keep him on just b/c he seems to be clutch getting hits coming off the bench.

above average bat, below average glove, a chubby man so he isnt the swiftest either. really all he can do is DH. the interesting thing is that the NL padres snagged him up. they must think he could plug in at catcher but i dont like the idea of putting him in as a catcher just to get his bat in the lineup. a cather is so fundamental to the game and while they dont call entire games like they used to they still have to know the pitchers, batters and quarterback the D.

im not sold on meredith. lived in SD for awhile and got to see him pitch a ton, he can go thru nice stretches of pitching, was surprised to hear his era is in the mid 4 range.

guess we do need bullpen depth with walker gone. hopefully baez will be gone next year, decent but not worth the money we threw at em (which was done in haste after we had an atrocious down right disgusting cost us a ton of games bullpen a few years ago).

going on tues the 28th to get my reimold tshirt.

go skins!!

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05133 seconds with 10 queries