View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 02:15 AM   #8
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: 3 year review : 2013-2016 Drafts

Our 8-8 seasons are the result of these mediocre drafts.
Maybe Amerson and Jones are considered a good pick to some because they are in the league for the next 15 minutes but the Redskins cut them before their rookie contracts were up, in my book that’s a bad draft pick.

Trent Murphy was a 47th pick overall but only managed a 3 sack per season average for his career with the Redskins. I don’t care what he does with the Bills, he didn’t have an impact with the Redskins who could’ve had a pro bowl impact pass rusher with their original pick(Laurence). This pick bothers me the most probably because we traded with Dallas.

Scherff is great but also a top 5 pick. I guess I’ll gve BA credit for not drafting a kicker 5th overall.

Out of the 2013 and 2014 drafts, only 3/15 players drafted are going to be on the Redskins roster next year. Those 3 players are great players but But two of those players aren’t going to play 16 games next year.

The 2015 is still a bit up in the air.
If Smith goes out and get 12 sacks, then it was a good draft. He shows flashes at times but also disappears for a few weeks at a time.
Crowder is a Solid pick for a 4th. His returning sucks but he is a shifty slot guy.
Kouandjio looks like he has a lot of value and played pretty well but let’s give him more time to make an impact.
Spaight is a special teamer. Nothing special but not a bad 5th rounder. He is a backup linebacker. I think we would be in trouble if he started.

The draft isn’t all bad and I don’t expect every player to be a star but at the same time we need to draft impact players with the early picks and amerson/Murphy/Smith have not made an impact for the redskins.

Please note* I only care about what players do as a Redskin. If the Redskins cut or don’t make a serious attempt to sign a guy then it was a mediocre pick at best. I think this is where we disagree.

******on a tablet and a bit drunk, please excuse typos and stuff
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.07552 seconds with 10 queries