View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 03:32 AM   #9
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: 3 year review : 2013-2016 Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Our 8-8 seasons are the result of these mediocre drafts.
Maybe Amerson and Jones are considered a good pick to some because they are in the league for the next 15 minutes but the Redskins cut them before their rookie contracts were up, in my book that’s a bad draft pick.

Trent Murphy was a 47th pick overall but only managed a 3 sack per season average for his career with the Redskins. I don’t care what he does with the Bills, he didn’t have an impact with the Redskins who could’ve had a pro bowl impact pass rusher with their original pick(Laurence). This pick bothers me the most probably because we traded with Dallas.

Scherff is great but also a top 5 pick. I guess I’ll gve BA credit for not drafting a kicker 5th overall.

Out of the 2013 and 2014 drafts, only 3/15 players drafted are going to be on the Redskins roster next year. Those 3 players are great players but But two of those players aren’t going to play 16 games next year.

The 2015 is still a bit up in the air.
If Smith goes out and get 12 sacks, then it was a good draft. He shows flashes at times but also disappears for a few weeks at a time.
Crowder is a Solid pick for a 4th. His returning sucks but he is a shifty slot guy.
Kouandjio looks like he has a lot of value and played pretty well but let’s give him more time to make an impact.
Spaight is a special teamer. Nothing special but not a bad 5th rounder. He is a backup linebacker. I think we would be in trouble if he started.

The draft isn’t all bad and I don’t expect every player to be a star but at the same time we need to draft impact players with the early picks and amerson/Murphy/Smith have not made an impact for the redskins.

Please note* I only care about what players do as a Redskin. If the Redskins cut or don’t make a serious attempt to sign a guy then it was a mediocre pick at best. I think this is where we disagree.

******on a tablet and a bit drunk, please excuse typos and stuff
This is indeed where we disagree... when it comes to evaluating our drafts.

We can question our FO's decision making when managing players contracts:
Like why on earth wasn't Murphy extended during this season ? Injured, he would have been glad to get a contract, wouldn't he?
Instead we have to let him walk after only one solid contributing season because he's getting a big contract he deserves...
But that still was a good pick. Not retaining good picks is indeed pretty dumb though.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04945 seconds with 10 queries