View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 03:57 AM   #65
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Derrius Guice’s ACL tear is latest example of the injury bug devouring the Redskins. Again. And again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsGuru View Post
they just built a state of the art treatment, prevention and recovery center . . . the science is there . . . luck, for whatever reason has not been
Browns OL coach doesn't believe in stretching...

Sorry but when I hear shit like that (and maybe he's playing a character for the cameras), I think we're allowed to wonder if all coaching staffs really do give their players access to the best body science available...
He's not in charge of strength (god why is the "t" in between the "g" and the "h" in this word? doesn't make any sense!) and conditioning, but to hear that level of nonsense at that level of football and then see the amount of pulled hamstrings in the game makes me question the overall culture of taking care of your body in this sport.

I remember reading any article where a former player bragged about partying late in the night just before games... Well buddy if you didn't sleep, have alcohol in your blood and don't stretch, I won't be surprised when you pull your hamstring, or sprain your ankle, or even tear one of your knee's ligaments on a seemingly harmless play...

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.25772 seconds with 10 queries