Old 02-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #86
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Dunbar demanding trade or release

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
The gift that keeps on giving:

Dunbar still wants to be traded or released after being denied new contract

I really don't get it. Man you've been hurt a lot the past 2 seasons and you want a new coach to give you a new contract before having played a snap for him ?

Stay healthy and play well this year and you'll get your $$$...
So now Dunbar admits he did request a trade? Dunbar Kinda threw John Keim under the bus when he called Doc Walker and said he didnt want a trade .. John Keim had to respond it was true and in all of his years as a reporter he wouldnt make something up for click bait.

I can confirm he asked for a trade the other night yes. This did not come out of thin air. Beyond that we’ll see.
— John Keim (@john_keim) February 12, 2020

Dunbar is not looking good here .. let your agent handle this bc you are fucking it up. Your flip flopping is making reporters have to defend their integrity when integrity means a lot to these beat reporters.

Let Dunbar play out this year, if he wants to sit then he can sit. If he balls out and plays a full season, transition or franchise tag him or extend then.

Id make Dunbar have a prove it year at this point.

Hes just misses way too many games. Hes the last guy youd want to give a big contract to, I can only imagine he will miss even more games and refuse to play unless he is 100% if he gets a LTD and knows he is good money wise no matter what.

----------

I glanced at our roster the other day and was reminded that with Stroman, Moreland, Moreau and Danny Johnson we have some young corners that all have at least shown good things at one time or another.

If one of those players makes it to a second contract, I would call that a success. Like w Flowers or Penn ... are we thinking they may be good bc they played slightly better than the low expectations we had for them .. or are they actually good promising pieces?

Obviously w the CBs they are all young and will get their chances to sink or swim but I dont view any of them as average to above average when compared to other teams CB1-CB3. They all feel like depth guys to me.

Penn/Flowers - they played average to below avg (compared to starting LT and LGs) to me but I feel like they get over hyped bc we expected them to be cut sept 1 but instead they played average and didnt get hurt.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04383 seconds with 10 queries