View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 12:41 PM   #62
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
For me, Alex Smith is a far better human being and team mate. He will have more to do with the long-term success of our franchise through his mentorship of Haskins. He has no trade value. In fact, we would probably have to trade valuable draft picks to a team just to take him.
I respect how willing you are to stick to your belief that it's all about the money for Trent and the cancer/beef with Bruce and Larry Hess was just a distraction. Let's see how it plays out though.

I believe the staff changes and the new regime has made a reconciliation possible. And I'm not concerned with how you view Trent as a teammate unless you're in the locker room. If the other players would be happy to have Trent back (which I'm 1000% sure they would given his previous status as a team leader) that's good enough for me.

And as valuable as Alex Smith is, Haskins will have Rivera, Scott Turner, and whoever our qb coach is to learn from. He will either sink or swim, depending on how bad he wants it.

I'm pretty sure any team taking Smith knows it would be a salary dump, but I wouldn't expect to give up anything more than a 3rd day draft pick, which I'm fine with. We could always use the cap relief.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.06256 seconds with 10 queries