View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #32
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Breaking: Clinton Portis, Carlos Rogers among 9 players charged with scheme to defraud NFL Healthcare program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I boxed as an amateur on and off for 9 years from the age of 14-23. I got in 3 fights in 2 days attending a new Jr High in the mid 70's as kids made fun of my clothes. I was bullied because I skipped a grade and less than average size till High School I hit a major growth spurt between freshman and sophomore year while also living in the weight room and playing football. Then I got in a lot of fights defending people that were bullied as I once was. I am guessing I have probably logged more fighting minutes than everyone in here combined.

Anyway in my youth I would rather scare someone into backing down than fight. I have actually been punched by people that lost their cool and hit me, people that I could have destroyed easily and I just turned and walked away.
If I got in a fight and the other person wanted no more, I was done.

My claim to fame was having a strong chin and had good power, Tex Cobb was my hero. Usually if you just look at someone after you took their best shot the fight is over, no reason to go beat them half to death.
Larry Holmes beat the living shit out of that dude. I'll never forgot Cobb's face after that fight.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02998 seconds with 10 queries