View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:05 PM   #60
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Who is on your Redskins Mt Rushmore?

Im 41 so Ive never seen Jurgensen or Baugh play. Baugh always seems to get the nod over Sonny but I never really understood why.

Baugh played exclusively for the Skins from 1937 to 1952. 187 tds, 203 ints and 21k in passing yards. He also punted. Baugh had 4 all pro years. But there were between 8-10 teams total during the span of 1937 (1st all pro) and 1943 (last all pro)

Sonny was with the Skins from 1964 to 1974 and his skins only stats were 179 tds, 116 ints with 22k passing yards. Sonny had 1 all pro year (w the eagles -- 14 teams in the league total).

Neither was a runner which surprised me bc I would have thought Baugh would be a runner. Both were not playing in the passing era though I assume Sonny was in a more pass happy league than Baugh.

---------------------

Sonny gets my nod ... if for nothing else than to enjoy hearing the old drunk guy talk on the radio during games. I know most found it annoying but I found it endearing.

Wasnt he snoring during the game one time? lol

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04226 seconds with 10 queries