View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #26
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is a first amendment case in which the owners are silencing someone. Remember one thing also - anyone can serve a burger or chart spread sheets with a little bit of training. Not everyone can play football at such a high level. These players hold alot more weight than you think. Who is going to tune in for a strike? Nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Uhhhh, it's not. When it comes down to it - players are free to leave and viewers are free to tune out. It won't happen. The first amendment states:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
This is not being violated. You can not like the rule, and I understand why you dislike the rule. Everything about it is legal and I would guess that it would have significantly less ramifications than allowing the protests. Under the new rules, players ARE free to protest, but there will be a fine associated with it that they can pay if they like. My guess is the NFL will donate that money to charities that work on inequality issues.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.03311 seconds with 10 queries