View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Re: Fantasy Football Player Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So I have my first fantasy football draft coming up this evening and as always I am not prepared as much as I would like to be. I am taking a quick gander around the web to compare multiple player rankings and analysis to cram.

Any sites you guys find particularly helpful for procrastinators like myself?
Yahoo has some decent rankings and they're pretty easy to work with. You also may want to grab a copy of Pro Football Weekly's FF Guide, good stuff there too.

Do you know what your draft position is?
What are the scoring rules?
What are the active positions each week (is it like Yahoo standard, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, DST, K)?
I'm assuming a serpentine draft?

If it's like a Yahoo standard in active positions and scoring, I like to grab my two RBs first, unless you can't get a top flight RB with the second pick. If not, you should be able to take a top tier WR or Brees/Rogers. It's all about value at each pick. Don't just pre-determine a position for each draft pick early on if there's a better value player at another position.

Good luck tonight.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.

Last edited by Slingin Sammy 33; 08-31-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05004 seconds with 10 queries