View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
Redskin
Impact Rookie

Re: Jason Campbell's Gift & Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBirdy View Post
I understand what you are saying about JC having to always be adapting to new O coordinators but what do you think about the Gibbs’s idea that next year there should be open a competition between JC and Collins for the starting QB position. IMO I think it’s a good idea as I think this season was going nowhere until Collins came in and although it coincided with the team coming together after Sean Taylor’s death I think that Collins got much more out of the offense than JC did. I think if they both knew that there was going to be a fair competition for the starting role it would give Collins the incentive to stay and it would give JC the incentive to learn more of Saunders offensive scheme.

And yet heres the kicker the Key players started to make plays and the O-Line seemed to show up, these are luxuries that Campbell did not have. When the O-Line played like trash so did Collins. A great deal of Collins success can be owed to Clinton Portis showing up to run the ball. When Collins got what Campbell was getting all season during the seahawks game I think it was evident that Jason Campbell poses more of a threat to other teams with his harder passes better deep balls and ability to scramble. One last thing that should be noted I dont want to ever see a two-minute drill quarterbacked by Collins again that was just terrible. So I say let them ave a competition, but Jason is young and tender and this is no way to show that the organization has faith in him as a starting QB.
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.02659 seconds with 10 queries