View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #39
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Redskins Select Adonis Alexander in 6th Round of Supplemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
And speaking honestly about Scandrick, the Redskins surely know that he's a solid but not great player. Hence the $ amount they spent on him.

If one of the young corners ascends, I don't think they'd think of Scandrick being in their way. If Moreau for example makes a leap in training camp then they'll play him over Scandrick.

I'm with CRed, the Scandrick signing could be looked at as overcompensating, or it could be looked at as an insurance policy. Scandrick is not Fuller, but he's not bad, and they're stacking up young guys in hopes one of them makes the leap.

Until they make the leap though, you need a guy who you can rely on as serviceable. That, and you can never, ever have too many corners.
Yeah Scandrick is clearly insurance, I just feel like we could've found a little cheaper insurance, but I may be wrong. Or, let me put it this ways: our others signings, like Paul Richardson or Zach Brown, I felt were good deals for us, and pretty smartly structured too.
Scandrick's is just meh, and so is his price.

Holsey is the one whose spot is the hottest for sure. I think we keep him on TS.

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05820 seconds with 10 queries