View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #109
irish
Playmaker

Re: WTF @ Bills post game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I have to agree. While I think we were over rated as a possible top 5 def team, we def were not this bad. We have regressed sooooo much from last year to this, with most of the same personel. Our front was consistently getting pressure last year. This year, with the same dl, absolutely 0 pressure. I can't crown them the best dl ever....but they def are playing under their ceiling from what I saw last year.
Also...I don't know what we have in heineke. I think yesterday was more of what he would be as a regular full time starter. But we also have to agree that he is leaps and bounds above our qb situation the last 2 or 3 years. Again....we are no offensive juggernaut, but we have more talent than what has been displayed this year. I don't know what the answers are...but it def seems like coaching and scheme to me. It almost feels like we are playing to lose. Very very strange to see improved personel on the field and upgraded positional players (minus lb, and rt) to degrade so much. It's like they are just going through the motions so they don't have to worry about the game in 3.5 hrs.
I was skeptical about rr's record....but welcomed the culture change....but I'm wondering if that has even happened, or if it was all smoke and mirrors preaching discipline and change...cause at this point, it doesn't seem like it was really really real at all.
Agree. For someone who preached preparation it seems like this team isn't prepared to play. Last year with Covid shortened off-season there was an excuse but this year they have had all the OTLs and training camp but WFT still doesn't look remotely prepared.

If it makes anyone feel better it took RR three season to produce a winning record in Carolina. The downside of that is he had one of the best young QBs in the NFL, he doesn't have anything close to that here.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.04439 seconds with 10 queries