View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #203
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

For those people who are calling Redskins FO to fire Gruden, read this: https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/10/10...ing-jay-gruden

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Gruden. Gruden said it perfectly after the game, the game result reflects Gruden and coaches' inadequate preparation. Gruden never prepare team well for games played nationally. Firing Gruden is easy way to go but like the article explains, it doesn't always result in positive change in future. Also, we need to consider the fact that Alex Smith fits in Gruden's style well; if we fire Gruden then we likely would need to find new QB. Yes, Alex played shitty last Monday but the fact is we still have 12 more games to go. Cousins always played well in meaningless games and choked in big games. Alex so far have shown us that he can play well or shitty in meaningless games, we haven't seen how he handles big games.. Also, it doesn't look like we will have opportunity to draft top-ranked QBs next year. This would mean we might need to trade up to draft QB if we fire Gruden and hires a coach who wants his own QB.. The trade up in draft for RG3 strategy didn't work out well for us, and there is no guarantee that it will work for us this time. Let's say we fire Gruden, hire new coach and he wants new QB so we trade up for a QB, giving up two 1st round picks (maybe more than that). We eventually realize the QB we drafted is a bust. This means we are fucked for next few years.

I really wish we tried harder to keep McVay. I know McVay took over NFL by surprise and he got into right situation where the team generally had players McVay could utilize well. But still, based on stories I have read about McVay, it surprises me how Redskins didn't do everything they could to keep McVay on the team.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05518 seconds with 10 queries