View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

I’m making an attempt to get over this season’s hangover...it’s been awhile since I’ve had this feeling of simply not giving a f$ck. Moving forward.

How you plan for the QB position for this year is how you view the plan for the near future of the franchise. Are you a “start Colt and flame out?” Or go get a free agent QB Vet and push for the playoffs? You a trade up and go get the best QB in the draft? Or you prefer waiting on a QB later in the draft, not reaching?

While salary cap will impact the decision, we could make several cuts to make room...now this would severely limit other moves and give us a lot of dead money which counts against the cap. I personally hate carrying dead cap hits.

What ever you decide, you need to form an opinion with Colt first. To me, Colt isn’t a starter and he will get injured like he always does. But he is extremely cheap and would position us for more of a “tank season.” I personally have a problem with tanking...head says yes, heart says fuck that noise. I’m not with tanking.

I’m not a big fan of the QB coming out...But there a lot of different choices and style. I’ll back them if we get one, but moving up in the first is an absolute non starter with me.

Teddy Bridgewater...this would be my choice. I’d make a push for sign him as a prove it deal and tell he must compete, but will have the first opportunity to lead. Bridgewater has the most talent of the Vets and still the most unproven potential imo. I think he is primed to lead...tannehill, dalton, Flacco, keenum, and others...we clearly know who they are, and their price isn’t worth it. Bridgewater maybe motivated to take less in order to get a big contract down the line, but he needs that starting job to do it. The problem is someone may want to give teddy a huge contract right now...no way I’d do that or get into a contract bidding position.

If Miami and Cincinnati both keep their starting QB, that is terrible news for Bridgewater and awesome for us...that’s really what to watch when it comes to the free agent market. Flacco to Broncos was great news.

I’d pair Teddy with a 3rd round qb pick because we need a young qb to develop regardless.

What is your QB plan? Are you drafting the future now?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 1.19421 seconds with 10 queries