View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #52
30gut
Playmaker

Re: Day 3 thread rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
See, I read that and get syked. He sounds like a guy who is going to go to the mat and do what the team needs. Combine that with the physical skills he clearly has, and our DB coach (who I also think is outstanding) and I see a guy who could explode in the NFL. Maybe not, but he has 2years solid ST experience which makes him valuable while he learns from our strong core players.

Thanks for the read.
There aren't any draft cut-ups of just Apke (only highlights).

But, if you go back and look at the Penn State secondary he played the deep FS position more often then Marcus Allen.

He can cover slot receivers.

He's a freak athlete; that can't be undersold when it comes to play centerfield FS. Last year was his only season as starter and he was solid but he has tons of potential.

Quote:
Troy Apke, S, Penn State
Apke wasn’t one of the bigger names at safety coming into the combine but he graded positively on the year both in coverage and as a run defender. During the season, Apke was at his best in slot coverage and he was only targeted once for every 8.8 coverage snaps in the slot, tied for 19th among all draft-eligible defensive backs. Apke stole the show on the final day of the combine when he ran a 4.34 40-yard dash to lead the safety group. He also had an explosive 41-inch vertical leap and a 10-foot-11 broad jump. Apke also showed off the change of direction ability that helps him cover in the slot with his 6.56 three-cone. Apke is having a strong draft season, as he was one of the standouts of the NFLPA Bowl, where he had an interception and two run stops. Perhaps no player in Indianapolis will have talent evaluators going back to the film more than Apke in order to see if his testing numbers are apparent in his play on the field.
https://www.landof10.com/penn-state/...nflpa-game-mvp

30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05399 seconds with 10 queries