View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #65
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

I agree with the post elsewhere that Haskins should be given the starting role when we play the Jets. He'll still face several top defences in those weeks, but it gives him a chance to play when the results are all but immaterial. No pressure to win, per se, just go out and show he can learn week on week. Throwing him in the other week was, imho, Gruden trying to get himself fired and didn't do him any favours. If Callahan can improve the run game enough by then that it eases the pressure on Haskins, all to the good.

I don't necessarily agree that Guice is injury prone. I'd argue he didn; tget/seek the right medical attention in college and after, thus exposing his knee to the injury last year. If he'd got it treated and missed maybe even the whole season he'd likely have been stronger this year. The meniscus thing isn't a sign of being injury prone. Plenty of players have had similar issues and treatments and gone on to have successful careers. He may not have a long career, but if he can give us 4-5 years off good production from here on out, that's an ROI if you ask me. He may well form a nasty 1-2 punch with Love if they both come back fully healthy next year.

Having a good improving young QB and a solid backfield for the next 3-5 years would allow them to concentrate on OL, WR, LB and Db in the draft, particularly OL. As long as DS and BA don;t go daft in FA again...
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements

Page generated in 0.05889 seconds with 10 queries