Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Skins Wins - predictions go here

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: How many games will the Redskins win in 2019?
12+ 1 1.39%
11 2 2.78%
10 8 11.11%
9 7 9.72%
8 9 12.50%
7 10 13.89%
6 15 20.83%
5 or less 20 27.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #46
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Skins Wins - predictions go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Their defense took a major step back last year too, the 2018 defense was no where near as good as the 2017 one. I hope we find a diamond in the rough, but I am just not expecting anything special from Case Keenum.
I wouldn't call this a major step back; but it is a step back.

Vikes 2018 Defense:
#4 Yds Allowed, Yds/Game Allowed
#9 Pts Allowed, Pts/Game Allowed
#17 Takeaways

Vikes 2017 Defense:
#1 Yds Allowed, Yds/Game Allowed
#1 Pts Allowed, Pts/Game Allowed
#23 Takeaways

The funny thing is that from 2017 to 2018, the Vikes offensive rankings went down in yards (#11 to #20) and points (#10 to #19), but went up in giveaways (#30 vs. #16).

And yes, I need a life if I'm looking this stuff up.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #47
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We as Redskins fans have been spoiled in one aspect of football for the past 30 years.
LT
From the Hogs, to Lachey to Samuels to Williams we have had a near nonstop top tier LT protecting our QBs. Other teams have won far more with far less lines. Green Bay comes to mind off the top.

Not saying OL doesn't matter, but it also doesnt doom the season if you can compensate for it with your RB and QB positions.

I think our RBs will find and exploit creases, and just as importantly, I think Keenum showed up in Minnesota that he can guide an offense behind a weaker OL.

We may not be an offensive juggernaut with Penn at LT, but we are not going to be a deadzone either.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Meh. I hear where you are coming from but I've watched this team forever and if we cant pass block, we ain't winning 4 games.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #48
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Vikes 2018 Defense:
#17 Takeaways

Vikes 2017 Defense:
#23 Takeaways

The funny thing is that from 2017 to 2018, the Vikes offensive rankings went down in yards (#11 to #20) and points (#10 to #19), but went up in giveaways (#30 vs. #16).

the magic of kirk cousins
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

4-12 and please do not play Haskins for one second until we have a better o line or we will go 4-12 for a while.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #50
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Run the damn ball...Mix up the playcalling on 1st down....look too get the RB more involved in passing game (Guice,CT)....scheme out the tells on offense based on personnel groupings....run more playaction....

I don't see why the offense cant be better. Plus the Schreff and Moses both healthy.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:58 PM   #51
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Run the damn ball...Mix up the playcalling on 1st down....look too get the RB more involved in passing game (Guice,CT)....scheme out the tells on offense based on personnel groupings....run more playaction....

I don't see why the offense cant be better. Plus the Schreff and Moses both healthy.

Because we have no Left side of the line, no quarterback, Reed is hurt again, and we have nothing but question marks at wr. Oh n Gruden sucks and will not do anything you mentioned....
This is going to be thee most putrid offense we have seen since Brunell
Old 09-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #52
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

If TW comes around, Reed plays, One or two of our wr’s is better than average, Guice is a stud and AP has another solid year than with our D we can shock some people. Our ST’s scares the hell out of me. The STC is going to turn out to be one of the worst hires in our history and that is saying alot.
Our DC and HC scare the hell out of me too, and of course the Case Keenum factor.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:38 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
Meh. I hear where you are coming from but I've watched this team forever and if we cant pass block, we ain't winning 4 games.
Pass blocking in the regular season is different from in the preseason. In the preseason, you didn't see chip blocks or protection schemes designed to aid the team's weakness. You saw each player going one on one and putting on tape their strengths and weaknesses for our coaching staff. You also saw Haskins and Keenum practicing play action on every handoff, but I don't think we saw many real play action passes.

The point is, the pass blocking will be aided by many different things, and the offense has enough potent weapons to give the defense pause from pinning their ears back and going for the qb on 1st and 2nd. Now when we end up in 3rd and long because Flowers or Reed held, then the drives will be killed.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:48 PM   #54
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Pass blocking in the regular season is different from in the preseason. In the preseason, you didn't see chip blocks or protection schemes designed to aid the team's weakness. You saw each player going one on one and putting on tape their strengths and weaknesses for our coaching staff. You also saw Haskins and Keenum practicing play action on every handoff, but I don't think we saw many real play action passes.

The point is, the pass blocking will be aided by many different things, and the offense has enough potent weapons to give the defense pause from pinning their ears back and going for the qb on 1st and 2nd. Now when we end up in 3rd and long because Flowers or Reed held, then the drives will be killed.
Good assessment. Your last line is where I am at. There us no way Flowers isn't going to get someone hurt, end up on Cmon Man for being generally terrible and making us all question why he is playing after week 2.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
Good assessment. Your last line is where I am at. There us no way Flowers isn't going to get someone hurt, end up on Cmon Man for being generally terrible and making us all question why he is playing after week 2.
I think he is playing for his run blocking ability. I wouldn't be surprised to see Martin subbing in on 3rd and long (and getting us delay of game penalties as Flowers chugs off the field)
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #56
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

scheme is inconsistent and easy to read - jay is a bum to me/
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:10 PM   #57
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post

Vikes 2018 Defense:
#17 Takeaways

Vikes 2017 Defense:
#23 Takeaways

You have a life, I appreciate you looking it up. As far as the major step back it is the 3rd down efficiency rate. Now I thought they were stupid to give Cousins that money but that is their problem now. Giveaways are big but didn't Keenum have 15 ints last year??

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #58
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
scheme is inconsistent and easy to read - jay is a bum to me/
Kevin O'Connell needs to step up and show his worth

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #59
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
You have a life, I appreciate you looking it up. As far as the major step back it is the 3rd down efficiency rate. Now I thought they were stupid to give Cousins that money but that is their problem now. Giveaways are big but didn't Keenum have 15 ints last year??
Case's giveaways numbers were terrible last year in Denver: 15 INTs and 8 Fumbles. However, his numbers in 2017 with the Vikes were 7 INTs and 1 fumble.

I keep bringing the 2017 Vikings because there is a slight chance the Redskins could somehow create a similar environment, where Case can game manage the team to a winning record:

- Wide Receivers: Diggs and Theilen broke out in 2017, the season prior to that, they were average young wideouts that no one knew about. This is a long shot, but maybe we have one or two of the young wideouts breakout in the same manner.

- Running Game: Guice, AP, and CT are a much much much better running game than Lativius Murray, McKinnon, and the 4 games that Dalvin Cook played in 2017.

- Offensive Line: Minnesota has had issues with their offensive line for several seasons, a lot of Vikings fans were complaining last season how they spent so much money on the QB position without spending money on the o-line (sounds familiar?).

- Defense: As you pointed out, the Vikes 2017 defense was elite; I don't think our defense is elite right now, but they do have top 10 or even top 5 potential.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #60
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
I think he is playing for his run blocking ability. I wouldn't be surprised to see Martin subbing in on 3rd and long (and getting us delay of game penalties as Flowers chugs off the field)
I'm with you. I would be completely alright with us becoming Navy football this year. Run the ball every damn play, throw it a few times a game. What do we have to lose? This is more than likely a lost season regardless.