Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-08-2019, 05:50 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
When Jim Harbaugh took over in SF Manusky was canned and replaced with Fangio, the 49er defense went from 16th to 2nd pretty much utilizing the same personnel. What does that tell you?
But we are keeping Manusky right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #47
Warthog
The Starter

Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

I’m calling the BS FLAG on the Haskins pick. Pundits throughout the NFL (who usually Hate the Redskins) gave this team an A or B+ for this draft. Lots of stories of the Redskins WINNING THIS DRAFT. Most LOVED the Haskins pick. He WAS NOT a “third round pick” as someone suggested. He had an outstanding record at a big college program. The risk was in his number of played games. But EVERY DRAFT PICK IS A RISK! A study showed that only a third of first and second round players are in the NFL five years later.

We used a #15 draft pick for him. He’s either going to work out or be the next in a long list of failed Redskins draft picks in the last 20+ years. Shuler, Campbell and RG3 as a few examples. This season is toast. Play him NOW and see what he’s got. It’s not magically going to get better for him next year. There have been very, very few modern QB, and I’m talking HOFer who did not struggle mightily in their first seasons. Haskins will also. But in the second and third year we truly find out if he’s franchise material or not. Cousins was the last QB we nurtured to a decent level. But he was pissed because he sat around waiting for the “perfect moment” to replace RG3 even though he was clearly a better QB.

Play Haskins and see what he’s got, because without a Franchise QB you can not win in the NFL. Will McCoy and Keenum even be in the team next year? Doubtful. Will they even be in the NFL next year? ALL the rookies on the team need reps to see if they’re players, not the vets who will be dumped in Jan with a new HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 10-09-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #48
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Will the Current Treatment of HASKINS Effect His Tenure and Performance with the Redskins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

Yeah I think Callahan said he's not making any staff changes.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #49
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Yeah I think Callahan said he's not making any staff changes.
Awesome

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:26 PM   #50
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:

The guy everyone wanted gone is staying

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #51
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
The guy everyone wanted gone is staying
There is always the chance Gruden was instructing.Manusky to coach the defense a particular way and.that Callahan will let him be a better coach.
Skinsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
There is always the chance Gruden was instructing.Manusky to coach the defense a particular way and.that Callahan will let him be a better coach.
Yes, even if the chance is 5% you can't completely rule out an offensive minded head coach telling the defensive coordinator how to do his job.

I guess Manusky has to suck under Callahan first before Callahan will let him go.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:25 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinsfanatic View Post
I think more likely, but still unlikely, is Callahan thinks the problem is Grudens lax attitude, and he will change that thus the defense will improve in effort

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #54
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
I think more likely, but still unlikely, is Callahan thinks the problem is Grudens lax attitude, and he will change that thus the defense will improve in effort

The bigger problem is finding someone to replace Manusky. No one outside the organization will come here for just an 11 week season. Snyder and Allen are a toxic mix, which is well known in the NFL HC and Coaching circles. This is a failed franchise with no plan and, listening to BA talk in his press conference, neither Snyder nor BA have any insight into their own significant contribution to this franchise’s overwhelming problems. The only HC or other significant coach coming to this franchise is either:

1. Untested, unproven or has very limited NFL experience in his new job.
2. Has such a poor prior record that no one else in the NFL will hire him, except the Redskins. Sound familiar Gregg Manusky?
3. Someone who thinks they are better than the 8 other HC and coaches, who have failed under Snyder’s meddling and bumbling ownership. This potential new HC or others coaches must be willing to gamble his life: receiving extra pay in-exchange for leaving years later with a diminished and losing football record. No one has succeeded in the Snyder era of 20 years of ownership.

BL- the interim pick for DC will come from within the current defensive coaches.

Getting elite HC candidates from OUTSIDE the organization to seriously consider this team will be almost impossible, under the current situation. Way too many well-known obstacles to success and two decades of consistent failures will scare away the best. This will change if BA is fired and/or Snyder removes himself from the football decision process on the franchise.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #55
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Looking at that schedule we are really going 1-15 or 2-14
I Wouldn't be surprised if team goes 0-16. The Dolphins isn't a lock for The redskins because they are just as bad if not worse. They would be fools ti look past any team.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:19 PM   #56
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I just can't get over Haskins not playing against the Dolphins. Crazy. I literally can not stand watching Case or Colt play QB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:00 PM   #57
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I’m calling the BS FLAG on the Haskins pick. Pundits throughout the NFL (who usually Hate the Redskins) gave this team an A or B+ for this draft. Lots of stories of the Redskins WINNING THIS DRAFT. Most LOVED the Haskins pick. He WAS NOT a “third round pick” as someone suggested. He had an outstanding record at a big college program. The risk was in his number of played games. But EVERY DRAFT PICK IS A RISK! A study showed that only a third of first and second round players are in the NFL five years later.

We used a #15 draft pick for him. He’s either going to work out or be the next in a long list of failed Redskins draft picks in the last 20+ years. Shuler, Campbell and RG3 as a few examples. This season is toast. Play him NOW and see what he’s got. It’s not magically going to get better for him next year. There have been very, very few modern QB, and I’m talking HOFer who did not struggle mightily in their first seasons. Haskins will also. But in the second and third year we truly find out if he’s franchise material or not. Cousins was the last QB we nurtured to a decent level. But he was pissed because he sat around waiting for the “perfect moment” to replace RG3 even though he was clearly a better QB.

Play Haskins and see what he’s got, because without a Franchise QB you can not win in the NFL. Will McCoy and Keenum even be in the team next year? Doubtful. Will they even be in the NFL next year? ALL the rookies on the team need reps to see if they’re players, not the vets who will be dumped in Jan with a new HC.

Can't agree any more
Old 10-09-2019, 09:06 PM   #58
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

Cooley called him a project before the draft and said no way is he a 1st round pick.

The sentiment your referencing was far from universal regarding Haskins.

Serious question. How much time should elapse before a draft can be accurately graded? (I'd say 3 to 4 years)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 09:10 PM   #59
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Cooley called him a project before the draft and said no way is he a 1st round pick.

The sentiment your referencing was far from universal regarding Haskins.

Serious question. How much time should elapse before a draft can be accurately graded? (I'd say 3 to 4 years)

Cooley also said he loved the Guice pick and was going to be a stud... He's a talking head , that's his job, also said the skins wouldn't miss Smith with the draft of Sweat...
Old 10-09-2019, 09:19 PM   #60
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Cooley also said he loved the Guice pick and was going to be a stud... He's a talking head , that's his job, also said the skins wouldn't miss Smith with the draft of Sweat...
Are you serious?

Guice is injury prone. Unless Cooley examined the MRIs he was probably just going by the tape which was dynamic and impressive.

Sweat was the reason pundits were raving about the draft.

I do think Sweat will find his sea legs.

I also think Haskins is a project and shouldn't have been picked at 15.