AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #17
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: WFT vs. the bye week thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
Judging by the reaction, I suspect the block pushed his shoulder pad into his jaw, under his helmet. Had similar when a hit pushed mine into my neck, but just caused bruising. Looks like a really unlucky contact, not hands to the face.
Oh yeah good call, that seems like the most likely scenario IMO !
Old 11-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #18
MTK
\m/

Injuries mounting, we have a kicker that hits line drives, no QB, yeah this is shaping up to be a top 3-5 pick kind of year easy.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #19
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Injuries mounting, we have a kicker that hits line drives, no QB, yeah this is shaping up to be a top 3-5 pick kind of year easy.

And if we were most other franchises id look at that as a stepping stone. But honestly we could have the top five picks in the draft and I still would feel like we will either fuck up the picks or their careers. Im literally out of hope for this franchise. It runs so much deeper than just the players.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #20
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
It's good. Take our top 3 pick this year, package that and next year's first for Russell Wilson. One problem solved.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:26 PM   #21
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I would offer our first round pick immediately after the season for Watson
Old 11-04-2021, 12:27 PM   #22
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Oh dear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #23
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WFT vs. the bye week thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

Oh dear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like Ron just gets a pass. Its the OC’s fault. Its the DC’s fault. It is the backup quarterbacks fault. Ron seems extremely stonefaced during games. Doesn’t like to cut people. Doesn’t like to make changes. He was supposed to bring some sort of culture change. Didn’t know and still don’t know what that is about. He just slaps on headphones and stares into oblivion every week and than says things that scream unawareness after every game. I can’t with this guy anymore. It is borderline fraud.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #24
MTK
\m/

Honestly not sure what the concern is. Other than reviewing the film from the week before, teams are always on to the next game. During the bye week is when they have the time to take a bigger picture view of the season so far. What am I missing?
Old 11-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #25
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Honestly not sure what the concern is. Other than reviewing the film from the week before, teams are always on to the next game. During the bye week is when they have the time to take a bigger picture view of the season so far. What am I missing?
The whole thing sounds out of context.

Does anyone really think even our phatic organization isn't evaluating as the season is rolling along?
Old 11-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #26
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

Oh dear.
That's dated Monday. Bye week started Monday, so it's not really news. Post game film review and set up for the weeks practices doesn't really allow much time to do proper season to date evaluation on every play/player to this point. Using the bye week to devote that extra time to it makes sense; not having already started it on Sunday isn't a surprise.

What's disappointing is the lack of play call adjustment to date, even just incremental changes. That doesn't take a full evaluation. If a play keeps getting stuffed, a coverage keeps getting burnt, etc. then stop calling it! Playbooks are big enough now to remove redundant plays without breaking your whole O/D.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 01:20 PM   #27
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

WFT vs. the bye week thread

This isn’t about last weeks game. He said they haven’t evaluated anything from the first 8 weeks. He will now. How is that not alarming? How are you not fine tooth combing and evaluating everything from every damn game? You are an NFL coach. You get paid millions to pay attention to every detail. Find the time to do so or gtfo.
9 weeks and you are going to evaluate it all now in one week? You cant game plan and evaluate your team in the same week? Than you are in the wrong business. None of this is a surprise. This team is constantly unprepared. Constantly makes the same mistakes. No wonder.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #28
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

No way. You hear all the time about coaches spending every second looking at film and working tirelessly. Not just on the current game but on every little detail. Ron is just oblivious man. Not the first head scratching comment he has made. And our play is a reflection of this lack of detail. If Gruden said this we would be marching with torches. I know we all want to like Ron. He is a good guy. There is a reason he is headed towards his 8th losing season out of 11. Nice guy or not he is just cashing checks. Whatever I aint gonna say anymore. People like Ron. Thats great. Lets party with him. He is a terrible HC.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #29
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I'm sorry, but that 2nd hand statement doesn't alarm me.

The haters will interpret it as - Ron and the coaching staff haven't been evaluating anything during the first half of the season.

Everyone else will likely interpret it as - the bye week just started, and we haven't evaluated everything that has transpired over the first eight weeks yet, but have plans to do just that during this bye week.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #30
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
This isn’t about last weeks game. He said they haven’t evaluated anything from the first 8 weeks. He will now. How is that not alarming? How are you not fine tooth combing and evaluating everything from every damn game? You are an NFL coach. You get paid millions to pay attention to every detail. Find the time to do so or gtfo.
9 weeks and you are going to evaluate it all now in one week? You cant game plan and evaluate your team in the same week? Than you are in the wrong business. None of this is a surprise. This team is constantly unprepared. Constantly makes the same mistakes. No wonder.
You're totally misunderstanding it.

No teams are in constant season long evaluation mode. They are always prepping for the next opponent. Once they review the game film from the previous week, which coaches usually do on Mondays, it's on to the next week and prepping for that game. Nobody has the time to pour over game film from week 1 when you're getting ready for a week 9 game. Should they be prepping for the draft now too?